Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Secondary Application

Oh geez. The secondary application is, well, a second application, and it's to help place you with a host family. It's nice to answer these questions knowing that I'm in and I can't be rejected, but it's twenty-three pages. Hoooly cow. There's a lot of basic information you have to put down, such as your daily schedule and hobbies and such. I have to write a letter to my host parents, and so do my actual parents. It's way bigger than the original application, and I only have about a week or so to complete it as I'll be out of the country week after next. So much to do, so little time! It'll be worth it, though. I've ordered a language-learning software program as well as a book entitled: The Exchange Student's Survival Guide, which covers pretty much everything you need to know about culture shock, your place in the host family, and that sort of thing. It's still so crazy to think that this is actually happening, a dream become a reality. More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment