Thursday, August 15, 2013

Wifi at Last! -In Germany

Finally! So much has happened and then finally wifi started working. Where to begin? Last thursday, I said goodbye to my parents at the Hilton in Washington D.C, and just hours later we met the 50 Germans. It was so cool. We all had German roommates and just in those three days we learned so much about each other's cultures. I was pretty sad to see them leave, and I found out that one was about  20 minutes away from my home in Virginia, and I even knew his host sister. Anyways, we flew over to Germany and landed in Frankfurt on Sunday. After a long bus ride, we arrived at camp. We eat meals in a castle, which is awesome, and I love the food. They serve Nutella at about 4 out of 5 meals. I've been placed in the second to lowest german class, so I was proud. We have daily german classes and activities in the afternoon. Today, I went out to eat with some friends. We also went to the super market and stocked up on German chocolate. I also found a store with passion fruit, and I got really excited. I've also noticed that I'm terrible at acting German. I always get the weirdest stares, but I'm not too surprised. This is such a beautiful country! We're up in the mountains so it's much colder than in other places but I love it. Anyways, I'll post more soon. I love you all!
Katy
my dorm room!

Bad Laasphe

Casual posing

morning mist

the castle, looking misty

3 comments:

  1. Katy, this is marvelous! I'm so glad you are keeping us posted, back here in the boring old States . . . Guten tag (Correct???)--
    --Mrs. Richmond

    ReplyDelete
  2. So informative things are provided here, I really happy to read this post, I was just imagine about it and you provided me the correct information I really bookmark it, for further reading, So thanks for sharing the information. cell phone detector

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading! This really made my day. Another post should be coming out soon. Thanks again!!

      Delete